A rough guide to pricing a film shoot in Botswana
Kindly note that these indications will vary from project to project and additional costs will be priced accordingly.
As a base for understanding the costs of filming, we charge the following:
* Film permit Botswana - USD TBC
* Government interface and communications - one off fee of USD 350.00 to procure the necessary permit requirements
* Daily fixing fees of USD 250.00 as local producers
* Second cameraman or camera assistant at USD 200.00 per day
* Scientific advisor animal behaviour at USD 250.00 per day
* Interpretor - Japanese, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Tswana available at USD 200.00 per day
* Film vehicle and supply vehicle hire of USD 250.00 per vehicle per day and not including fuel (at project expense)
* Professional Wildlife Guide at a cost of USD 150.00 per guide per day
* Chef and camp assistant at USD 30.00 per local staff member per day as required
* Tented accommodation including all meals, equipment - chairs, tables etc at USD 160.00 per crew member.
(Local staff are accommodated and fed by us)
* Power management including a generator and inverters at USD 30.00 per camp per day
* Trailer if required at USD 35.00 per day
In addition to the above costs - Park entry, applicable camping fees, lodge accommodation, light aircraft transfers, aerial filming by helicopter and fixed wing aircraft and any other further required permits (drone licence for example) are all at the production company's expense.
PLEASE NOTE: All film crew personal must have travel and medical insurance cover valid for their time in Botswana. All equipment brought into the country should also be insured.